Re: Diana Ross plans a four-day wedding spectacular in Hawai

Postby Bubca » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:57 pm

And Diana is Hawaii now performing and getting stunning reviews
ImageImage
Bubca
Motown VP

Postby marybrewster » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:08 am

It seems hard to believe that Diana never played there.

If I am not mistaken, The Supremes played there with a Mary, Cindy, Lynda line-up.

Funny how the Supremes (and Diana) were all over the Orient (and several times) but never in our own backyard.
marybrewster
Berry's Assistant

Postby Bubca » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:53 am

marybrewster wrote:It seems hard to believe that Diana never played there.

If I am not mistaken, The Supremes played there with a Mary, Cindy, Lynda line-up.

Funny how the Supremes (and Diana) were all over the Orient (and several times) but never in our own backyard.

Yes, Mary, Lynda and Cindy did appear in Hawaii and later at the Copa where I was lucky enough to see that rare grouping.

I was impressed with Lynda. The Supremes still had to overcome the shadow of Diana and now here in NYC, Lynda (at that time even slightly unknown to Supremes fans) had to step in and take over the lead. I was impressed with her and surprised to see Cindy.
ImageImage
Bubca
Motown VP

Postby marybrewster » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:54 am

Over the years I have warmed up to Lynda. I think I was pretty harsh on her for a time, tending to "side" with Mary on certain stories. But I wasn't there; what do I know.

It is pretty apparent that Lynda had some pretty big shoes to fill, and on several occasions, was kind of thrown in to sink or swim.
marybrewster
Berry's Assistant

Postby Bubca » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:38 am

Yes, I remember how you used to think about her. But since I saw how great she was at the Copa as a new Supreme barely rehearsed to take over for Cindy and then unexpectedly take over the Jean lead, I was totally impressed with her. I quietly disagreed with your opinion.

But I was happy to see your mea culpa post on either this board or the SDF board. It is nice when we can say, Hey I was wrong. Too bad politicians can't do it.

I don't know who runs the FLOS and now Sherrie and Lynda of the Supremes. But I think Lynda is the driving force. I think the 70's Supremes would have done better if Lynda was calling some of the shots instead of Pedro.

I wonder if Lynda and Mary ever buried the hatchet. Last week she got the invitation the night before to appear with Jean, Mary, Sherrie and Susaye. I wonder if that was on purpose.

And not to open the RTL can of worms, but I thought that Diana wanted all surviving Supremes to participate, but Mary (at the time) wasn't speaking to some of them and that was one of the obstacles.

It was nice to see Mary and the other Supremes together the other day. I would love to see her get them together and do a JML and a MSS combined show. A show with Diana will never happen, but the Seventies Supremes were great and I'd love to see a show like that.
ImageImage
Bubca
Motown VP

Return to Diana Ross