This Is Supposed To Be A Star?

All About the Music of Today

This Is Supposed To Be A Star?

Postby Scott » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:10 pm

You're telling me this is one of the leading pop stars of today?

I could do much better loaded up on Hot Damn 100 Proof AND stoned!

It kinda reminds me of back in the early 80's, our babysitter and her boyfriend went to see Run D.M.C. in concert and they came out onstage drunk and high, belching in the microphone and making all kinds of weird sounds. And that was the show.

Fans should get back their ticket price if the singer or group is too f*cked up to "perform". Some people waste their time on these dummies going to shows in another state!
Scott
Motown VP

Re: This Is Supposed To Be A Star?

Postby Allan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:36 am

What a charmer! I particularly like the way she wipes her nose on her hand.
Allan
Berry's Assistant

Postby marybrewster » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:53 am

I didn't know she was still considered a leading popstar? All I hear about here is Adele and Gaga.

WHinehouse is old news.
marybrewster
Berry's Assistant

Postby Jim » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:54 am

Unlike, say Britney Spears or Xtina who both had some public issues and came back after getting it together-Amy Winehouse may be talented but she has never overcome her demons. She needs to get her life together and she is misguided in still performing or those who control her career are greedy. She is no longer hot on the public's radar and she can thank her demons for that.
Dreams don't die, people just stop dreaming.
Jim
Berry's Assistant

Postby Scott » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:16 pm

Jim wrote:Unlike, say Britney Spears or Xtina who both had some public issues and came back after getting it together-Amy Winehouse may be talented but she has never overcome her demons. She needs to get her life together and she is misguided in still performing or those who control her career are greedy. She is no longer hot on the public's radar and she can thank her demons for that.

She may be talented when she's sober but the only things I've heard about Amy Winehouse since she's first came out is "drunk", "wasted", "in rehab" - hardly anything about her music. You got problems if you're ALREADY in rehab by the time your first album comes out! LOL She's in the wrong business! Maybe she should pack her things, move to Germany or Ireland and become a professional drinker. She'd be a hit there!

I'm not picking on her because she likes to party...A LOT. Been there, done that - but I'm not the one wasting a record label's time when there's tons of good musicians and singers out there without a record deal (Mary, for one). Maybe Margaret Cho should have her mom give Amy that speech about doing things "in moderation!". Gawd, ever heard of weed? NO HANGOVERS (unless you're stupid and smoke the seeds too! LOL).
Scott
Motown VP

Postby Jim » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Well, now she has passed away....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2018020/Amy-Winehouse-dead--Found-dead-London-flat.html?ITO=1490
BREAKING NEWS: Amy Winehouse, 27, found dead at her London flat

Last updated at 5:35 PM on 23rd July 2011

Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her home in London, it has been reported.

The Back To Black singer was apparently found at 4pm and her death is believed to be unexplained.

Winehouse had been seen with her goddaughter Dionne Bromfield earlier this week as the teenager took to the stage at the iTunes festival.
Passing: Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her home this afternoon

Passing: Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her home this afternoon

While she didn't perform any tracks, Winehouse apparently begged the crowds to buy Dionne's album.

A source said: 'Amy staggered onstage and grabbed the mic to beg the crowd to buy her protege’s new album.'

Winehouse's appearance at the concert came after she cancelled her European tour following a disastrous performance in June when she stumbled onto the stage in Belgrade and gave an incoherent performance appearing very disorientated and removed from reality.

Following the concert which saw fans enraged and the subsequent video that circulated to millions she cancelled the remaining dates of her European tour.

A statement released by the troubled singer's spokesperson said that the 27-year-old would be given 'as long as it takes' to recover.

The statement read: 'Amy Winehouse is withdrawing from all scheduled performances.

'Everyone involved wishes to do everything they can to help her return to her best and she will be given as long as it takes for this to happen.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z1SwrcvRPa
Dreams don't die, people just stop dreaming.
Jim
Berry's Assistant

Postby Bubca » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:58 pm

She is part of the "27 Club" now. She joins Hendrix, Morrison, Joplin and others who died at about age 27

http://music.msn.com/the-curse-of-27/ph ... photoidx=1
ImageImage
Bubca
Motown VP

Postby Scott » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:42 pm

I can't say I'll miss Amy Winehouse - not saying that as a hateful statement but because I didn't get to know her - and what little I did, it has nothing to do with music.

Even if I could afford it, I wouldn't party as much as her. And I only do 420 which is pretty common and nowhere near as expensive! LOL I wouldn't be surprised if she was on all kinds of pills, since that seems to be the trendy "drug of choice" for everyone the past few years and it's getting worse (pharmacies robbed, pharmacists getting killed). I don't even get why Hydrocodone is all the rage - it does nothing for me. If anything, no different than aspirin. Maybe mixed with booze is another story, couldn't tell you that one.

I could have sworn I read a Boy George interview a while back and he said he either wanted to or was going to talk to Amy Winehouse. He's been there, except his vice was heroin. She might have been on THAT too! It's a good thing HE'S still with us because he was getting pretty sickly looking around 1985-86. And pretty much EATING a pen while signing autographs! LOL It made ME nervous just watching him. And I consider him multi-talented - music and fashion design. I'm pretty sure all of his costumes were designed by himself, just like everything he was doing before he was "discovered".
Scott
Motown VP

Postby Marysfan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:29 pm

They tried to make her go to rehab, be she said no, no , no! Sadly she has now paid the ultimate price for it....DAMN!
Marysfan
Motown Producer

Postby Scott » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:36 pm

Marysfan wrote:They tried to make her go to rehab, be she said no, no , no! Sadly she has now paid the ultimate price for it....DAMN!

I don't believe rehab is for everyone. For one, it's just an excuse to go to when politicians are caught pedophiling around or whatever. A swimming pool, jacuzzi, all kinds of things to do - whoa! That's SOME punishment! "I just got caught cheating on my wife with an male intern. Gotta get to rehab!".

I was into the heavy stuff when I first started clubbing and that went on for a good year. All I needed to do was get away from those friends and people and just cut them all off. And it worked! There was 2 one-day cases when I done it again but I wouldn't call it a "relapse" because I didn't continue after that day - and as you guessed, it was because of the person I was hanging out with that day. After that, haven't touched anything heavy since 1999 and have no use for it.

It's why I had to cut off my former best friend - he wasn't bringing that crap in this house! The main reason we left the old apartment was because of those idiots smoking their stuff and leaving the hot pipe or whatever obviously on the carpet or something flammable, catching the entire apartment on fire, killing pets. This happened to at least 2 apartment buildings in that area that I know of. And I knew one of them - this pathetic Mexican gay couple/bartenders who's always arguing, gets into fist fights anywhere for any reason, breaking out their car windows. I hope they got banned from renting anywhere after that! Those 2 retards belong in a sewer, nowhere else.

And plus a lot of these rehab centers (as well as AA meetings) are ran entirely by "christian" kooks. They try to take advantage of vulnerable people and try to brainwash them with their crap. What the f*ck THAT gotta do with rehabilitating from drugs - unless you're just crazy? This is why a lot of people avoid going - you're going to detox yourself, not listen to a book which gives pedophiles permission to do whatever they want and says incest is just fine. If you're not a stupid person who needs to be told what to do and be led around by the hand, rehab isn't worth the time, money or effort. You're better off handling it on your own. But it won't help if you can't help yourself - like Amy Winehouse obviously couldn't.

And while I'm at it - I don't like the idea of controlling somebody. BUT - music artists should have to sign something which states they won't drink or do any drugs within a certain period of time before a concert. Penalties if they do. It could have saved many people's lives and careers. The original members of KISS might have stayed together a little longer had something like that been done. Who wants to go to a KISS show where Gene has to drag Peter out onstage by the hand, with Peter just looking at the floor!
Scott
Motown VP

Return to The Young Folks