New/Fake Michael Jackson album

All About the Music of Today

New/Fake Michael Jackson album

Postby Carlo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:51 am

Have you guys heard the new song, "Breaking News"? More like FAKING News! :o I don't think it's his voice. The album was unfinished and therefore not up to MJ's standards. I will not support it, nor will I support any of the ongoing greed (ie. the new books, video games, Cirque du Soeliel, new long lost children and family members, etc.). It wouldn't surprise me if they used Jason Malachi (the imitator) to complete the recordings. MJ would not have wanted things this way. None of these people cared about him when he was down and out. It's a complete greed circus. As a long-time fan, I will continue to support Michael, his history and his music...the things he left us BEFORE he passed. All of this extra stuff going on right now is complete BS! That's just my opinion.

Go to michaeljackson.com to hear the new track. It's not very good. Upon my first listen, I just knew that it isn't him (not his voice and doesn't have the MJ vibe either). His voice had more of an edge to it. I think it's Jason Malachi. Listen for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBu9vFSzRcg
Carlo
Berry's Assistant

Re: New/Fake Michael Jackson album

Postby Bubca » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:27 am

Michael's mother will be on Oprah today and one of the topics that she will discuss is whether or not this new release is Michael.

About a month ago, someone at Sony Music Group said that the release date of the album was postponed because of a controversy with the family.

There was supposed to have been a release of the album before the holidays and SMG even had a promotional campaign set up, but now I can not even find a release date for it, so I am guessing everything is on hold.
ImageImage
Bubca
Motown VP

Postby Bubca » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:05 am

Michael Jackson song with Akon to be released

Nov 12, 12:55 AM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - Lenny Kravitz, Akon and 50 Cent will be featured on the upcoming posthumous album from Michael Jackson.

Epic Records and Jackson's estate released more details about the record simply called "MICHAEL" on Friday. The song "Hold My Hand" with Akon will be the first single and debut on Jackson's website on Monday.

Akon says the song was leaked two years ago before Jackson's death but it wasn't complete. Akon says now it's finished and he's proud to have worked with one of his idols.

"MICHAEL" will feature 10 songs and is due out Dec. 14. Some were recent recordings.

The song "Breaking News" debuted on Jackson's site this week. Some of his nephews say it's not Jackson's voice but a former producer and manager insist that it is.

ImageImage
Bubca
Motown VP

Postby Carlo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:52 pm

10 songs??? I'm okay with Akon, but 50 Cent??? No thank you! I won't be buying this one. Plus, I still don't think it's right to release an album with an artist's name on it, when it truly is not a reflection of the artist themselves. That's like me finding an incomplete Leonardo DaVinci painting and then I finish it off for him and tell everybody, "HEY! LOOK! I GOT A BRAND NEW LEONARDO DAVINCI PAINTING!" And then I turn around and sell it for millions. So even if it is his voice, I won't be making the purchase.
Carlo
Berry's Assistant

Postby Bubca » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:08 am

Michael's new album drops next Tuesday, amidst controversy. The album and the controversy will be discussed on Oprah today.

All New! The Untold Secrets Behind Michael Jackson's Controversial Album Plus Author Jonathan Franzen & Oprah's New Book
All new! For the first time, a family reveals its secret 25-year relationship with entertainer Michael Jackson; producer Teddy Riley discusses the posthumous album ``Michael''; author Jonathan Franzen; Oprah's 65th book club pick.

ImageImage
Bubca
Motown VP

Postby Carlo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:38 pm

I am interested to hear what they will say, but I already have a pretty good guess of what they'll say. So regardless, I won't be purchasing this new CD.
Carlo
Berry's Assistant

Postby Bubca » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:59 pm

By: Roger Friedman in Celebrity
Brooke Shields, Lisa Marie Presley, Tatum O’Neal, Diana Ross, Marvin Gaye and the Jackson 5 are among the many celebrities featured in a mural included with the new Michael Jackson album, “Michael.”

...Here’s the full mural for the first time, with Naomi Campbell, Janet Jackson, animals from Neverland, and even a little ad for Cirque du Soleil. There are also pictures of Berry Gordy, the Temptations, James Brown, Bubbles the Chimp, Liza Minnelli, and some Motown artists.

There are no portraits, however, of some key Jackson players: Debbie Rowe and Macaulay Culkin. Too bad. In 2005, their testimony helped save Michael from going to to jail. Also, no Liz Taylor or Marlon Brando.

For a mural that’s supposed to depict Jackson’s life, there is also no nod to his facial appearance post-2000–no white face.

ImageImage
Bubca
Motown VP

Postby Scott » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:51 pm

WOT?!?!? USA For Africa but no La Toya Jackson in the same yellow jacket and headband she wore in her "Heart Don't Lie" video?!?!? LOL

What was the deal with The Jacksons and a peacock? The same peacock image is on the back of Destiny and Triumph.

I haven't heard the new CD yet but might eventually pick it up. Some artists intentionally record when they're sick, high, have a cold (or in Boy George's case, sleeping under the soundboards during the recording of "Move Away"), so a singer's voice might not always sound the same all the time.
Scott
Motown VP

Postby Scott » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:26 am

I'm hoping that eventually we'll also get to hear older songs and demos of other artists produced by Michael - particularly his brothers and sisters.

La Toya has said some of the demo versions of the songs from her first album were better than the actual released album. I know Bubca is just dying to hear those and that's good because so am I!
Scott
Motown VP

Postby Carlo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Scott wrote:Some artists intentionally record when they're sick, high, have a cold (or in Boy George's case, sleeping under the soundboards during the recording of "Move Away"), so a singer's voice might not always sound the same all the time.

The difference in this case is that Michael's voice in recent years was much lower and huskier than what we're used to hearing. When I hear new and official MJ recordings like his album from 2001 and tracks like "This Is It", "Hold My Hand" and "Hollywood Tonight", I hear MJ's voice...it's lower and huskier. But then there's songs like "Keep Your Head Up", which are on the new CD, and his voice is suddenly higher...it sounds like "the old Michael"...but these tracks were recorded in 2007 at the Cascio's home. This is what doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't rule out that it could be an impersonator, like Jason Malachi.

I realize that some of these tracks are earlier demo's and outtakes, but the 2007 Cascio tracks shouldn't sound like Michael from the 80's.
Carlo
Berry's Assistant

Next

Return to The Young Folks