New/Fake Michael Jackson album

All About the Music of Today

Re: New/Fake Michael Jackson album

Postby RadioRobby » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:37 pm

I have to agree with you, Carlo. I'm sure Michael would have liked to have sounded young and in his prime; but, even at that, 20 years does often make a bit of difference in a person's singing voice. At least if there were some tricks or electronic enhancements that made him sound different, it might well set better with all of us than for them to use a "sound-alike", especially if the "sound-alike" doesn't even sound like.

We were watching the This Is It movie the other day on one of the movie channels. I wasn't surprised at hearing Michael sound a little different or maybe not going for high notes (add in the fact that he was saving his voice for the performance); but I thought he looked awfully skinny and frail, even for Michael. I think I'm still in the anger stage of dealing with his death.
RadioRobby
Motown Staffer

Postby Carlo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:18 pm

I guess we'll never really know the truth behind these Cascio recordings. It's possible some kind of pitch correction technology was utilized to make his voice higher, but it's hard to say. I mean, listen to this great official MJ track, "2000 Watts", which was from his Invincible album. Listening to it, you would never guess it's Michael, but they say it's him singing in his bass voice, which he rarely did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHd1rLurxNk

I'm just having a really hard time "getting into" the new MJ album. I've been listening to the tracks and nothing stands out to me.
Carlo
Berry's Assistant

Postby Scott » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:24 am

Carlo wrote:I'm just having a really hard time "getting into" the new MJ album. I've been listening to the tracks and nothing stands out to me.

I had a hard time getting into ANY of his music after the Bad album (and I never really cared for that title track). He's a decent solo artist, but if I had my choice, I'd rather hear some unreleased music from The Jacksons. And PLEASE put the demo version of "Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)" on something other than that expensive boxed set! I love that song, but not THAT much! LOL
Scott
Motown VP

Previous

Return to The Young Folks