Frank Wilson

All About the Music of Yesteryear

Frank Wilson

Postby kenneth54 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:24 am

We have lost another great one. It is with sadness that I share the announcement of the death of former Supremes Producer and writer of some of their greatest hits, Mr. Frank Wilson. Frank had been battling prostate cancer for some time now. He was responsible for such Supremes favorites as "Stoned Love" , "Up the Ladder to the Roof" "Love Child", "Touch" and "Nathan Jones" to name a few. He was a tremendously gifted and talented man. He will be missed. Rest in peace Frank and thank you.
kenneth54
Motown Intern

Re: Frank Wilson

Postby Allan » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:52 am

Wilson was definitely a Hitsville giant. My recollection is that he came on board some time in 1967 or thereabouts — about the same time that Ashford & Simpson were signed. At the time, he was kind of relegated to the shadows of "big guy" producers and didn't come into his own until he'd been there for a couple of years. By that time the company had passed its peak and even though he rose to the top among the production folks there, he was never really recognized properly. He almost singlehandedly revitalized The Supremes after Diane's departure. May he rest in peace.
Allan
Berry's Assistant

Re: Frank Wilson

Postby MissMona » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:51 am

In my opinion, second to HDH for Motown song writing.
MissMona
Berry's Assistant

Return to Reflections