KISS: "I Was Made For Lovin' You" 12-inch Remix

Wigs, Gowns, and Things That Are Shiny or Dangle

KISS: "I Was Made For Lovin' You" 12-inch Remix

Postby Scott » Mon May 02, 2011 7:39 pm

I remember you said you bought this single back in the day......

It finally arrived in the mail today! After doing a little research, I found out the 12" Dance Remix of "I Was Made For Lovin' You" HAS been released on CD...in Singapore! LOL It's the last track on the import 4-track CD maxi single of "Psycho Circus". The "Dynasty" LP version is about 4:59 but this version is 7:56! Even better it was only like $3!

I've been aware of the version since the early 90's but to this day haven't heard it except for a few seconds on this joke Paul Stanley "workout" video:

I believe one of the famous "remixers" from the late 70's made the dance remix. Tom Moulton or one of the other well-known guys.

Will rip the CD and finally hear it on the iPod. I'll upload it if you want or I might make a YouTube video.
Scott
Motown VP

Re: KISS: "I Was Made For Lovin' You" 12-inch Remix

Postby Scott » Mon May 02, 2011 10:58 pm

Just listened to the remix and I'm impressed. Too bad it couldn't have been the album version too, not that the LP mix is bad. It's more or less a long disco song recorded in the studio before it was whittled down to the LP version (and I'm guessing the 45 single mix was even shorter). There's also some other "disco magic effects" added to the guitars, bass and drums. All good, no filler like Donna Summer's LP version of "Love To Love You Baby"! LOL

And for the record, Peter Criss did not play drums on "I Was Made For Lovin' You". It was Anton Fig, who worked with Ace on his solo album and later played drums for Frehley's Comet.

A project I could try is a music video using the extended version, since I've recorded the original music video from a VHS tape and can work with other footage from that era. Somebody on YouTube made an excellent video of the extended version of Dan Hartman's "Instant Replay". Ironically the guitar player is Vinnie Vincent, who replaced Ace Frehley in 1982.

Scott
Motown VP

Postby Scott » Thu May 05, 2011 11:08 am

Just uploaded it to my channel and it should be ready to go soon:

I like the "gallop" beat added which later evolved and was used in some 90's dance like "Ooh Aah...Just A Little Bit" by Gina G and "Jellyhead" by Crush.
Scott
Motown VP

Postby MissMona » Fri May 06, 2011 10:23 am

The 12 inch remix is great!!!!! I used to go nuts in the discos when this was played!!!!
MissMona
Berry's Assistant

Postby Scott » Sat May 07, 2011 6:16 pm

MissMona wrote:The 12 inch remix is great!!!!! I used to go nuts in the discos when this was played!!!!

After hearing the LP version for so many years, it's a cool change and something different. I think the album version was used on the "Endless Love" soundtrack too, which I don't have.
Scott
Motown VP

Return to Camping It Up With Miss Mona