CHIA Pet Question

Hobbies, Recipes, Crafts

CHIA Pet Question

Postby Scott » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Maybe somebody can figure out what I'm doing wrong! Surely one of you has owned one before - mine was given to me last Xmas - SpongeBob LOL!

I followed all the directions - soaking the planter underwater for an hour, and then rinsing and refilling the water. As for the seeds, I added the amount of water, stirred and let it set for an hour - stirring 3 or more extra times while it was settling. Then I took the mixture and flattened it across the top of his head. When I see the water is starting to dry up, I add more as the directions say.

Okaaaaayyy. I'm sure it's been at least a couple weeks already.

Suggestions? LOL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott
Motown VP

Re: CHIA Pet Question

Postby Allan » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:45 am

I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but I think everyone ought to own the latest: the CHIA BIEBER and the companion CHIA TRUMP!

4svkl.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Allan
Berry's Assistant

Postby Scott » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:38 pm

Allan wrote:I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but I think everyone ought to own the latest: the CHIA BIEBER and the companion CHIA TRUMP!

4svkl.jpg

OMG is that a parody or the real thing?

They've been out forever and I've never got one. It's possible the pack of seeds that came with mine is expired, I'll have to look. You'd think they'd sell individual packets of the seeds so you don't have to get another planter, I'll look this weekend. I've heard vegetarians has been making use of the Chia seeds! LOL How? They're no bigger than sesame seeds. It's not like they're pine nuts, wasabi peas or something like that.

I'm kinda surprised that Gene and Paul hasn't made a deal for KISS Chia pets already. If it's something that would sell, they'd license it. In the past few months, they've licensed 2 Xmas ornaments (Walgreens only), these figures similar to bobble-heads, all 4 as Mr. Potato Head's and who knows what else. I'd suggest they get a deal going with Lego too - maybe start with a stage playset, similar to all those Star Wars sets they've been making since the 90's. To make Gene scream and hide, I'd make one based on "KISS Meets The Phantom"! LOL Mention of that movie was verboten for years around the group.
Scott
Motown VP

Postby Bubca » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Seed can be bought seperately

http://www.asseenontvguys.com/chia-pet- ... seeds.aspx

My cats have some kind of Chia Pet that grows grass and they loved it til it died. I got seeds for it and will replant them. If I remember right, you put the seeds in the dirt, then put a little more dirt on it , then water it, and then wait.
ImageImage
Bubca
Motown VP

Postby Scott » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:14 pm

I tried that "cat grass" and Minnie and Isis kinda liked it. It almost didn't look like a real plant - more waxy looking than anything! It was sold in a small white cup (the planter) with everything included.

They love catnip but I use the dried kind. Shake some of that on a few of their toys and they're out of my hair for a while! LOL

One new toy I got at Wal-Mart the last time was I think called "Play & Squeak" for about $4. Everytime they hit it, it squeaks. Athena loves it so much she plays with it then walks around meowing....with the toy in her mouth! LOL
Scott
Motown VP

Postby Scott » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Bubca wrote:Seed can be bought seperately

http://www.asseenontvguys.com/chia-pet- ... seeds.aspx

Thanks for the link! There's no expiration date on the seed packet. And since it's an "As Seen On TV" product, I'll bet they can be found at places like CVS and Walgreens. They carry a lot of that stuff and it's where I got my Pet Zoom set, Pedi-Paws, a vacuum attachment for pet hair and a couple other nifty things.

Even if I can't get this CHIA stuff to work, I'm just as happy with the planter by itself! LOL I'm not joking - a birthday or Xmas doesn't pass without somebody giving me something SpongeBob related. I don't know how this got started because I only like the first 2 or 3 seasons. After that, they exaggerated the characters and they got stupid. And it's not even SBSP I really like - it's Mr. Krabs and that evil little "arch competitor" Plankton.
Scott
Motown VP

Postby Scott » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:14 pm

You won't believe this. I just look at the CHIA and in one spore on SBSP's face, a tiny green "curl" is starting to sprout! LOL It may be one of the seeds that fell while I was spreading the mixture. There's one direction I must have missed: it's recommended to cover it with a plastic bag for a few days. So I may just clean it and start over - it came with plenty of seeds.
Scott
Motown VP

Postby Scott » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:06 am

Here it is.
Scott
Motown VP

Return to Hobbies and Cool Stuff