My shameless plea for donations--help me reach my goal!

Something Special To Say? Birthday? Welcome A New Member? Vacation? Tell Us Here

My shameless plea for donations--help me reach my goal!

Postby Tom » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:46 am

Dear Friends,

It is with inspiration, determination and motivation that I prepare to run the 117th Boston Marathon on April 15--just 1 month shy of my 60th birthday. I am running as part of The Boys and Girls Club of Newton (MA) 2013 Marathon team, and I hope you will consider supporting this great cause.

The Club serves approximately 700 members a year, and focuses on six core program areas: Arts, Education, Fitness, Leadership, Life Skills, and Technology, to keep kids engaged, safe and learning when n ot in school. The Club serves members from all economic backgrounds. 30% of members are considered Economically Distressed, according to the City of Newton. 30% are from single parent households. 11% of members receive state or federal assistance from at least one source. Nearly 40% of Club members come from minority backgrounds.

The Club creates opportunities for children to transform themselves in positive ways. Since taking my first, tentative, run just 3 years ago, running has transformed my life in positive ways. Now, I want to use my running to inspire others--especially these children--to reach for their dreams, and to achiev their Outrageous Goals! This is a cause that is very dear to my heart.

You can help cultivate this growth by supporting my 2013 Boston Marathon Goal to raise $6000 for The Boys and Girls Club of Newton. Please visit my fundraising page and read my story. I hope it will inspire you to donate on my behalf. ... athon-Team

Please support me in my goal of $6000, and please give generously to invest in The Club's vital work. No investment is too great to ensure the future of our children. In doing so, you ARE making a difference in the world.

No Dream Is Impossible!

Thank you,
Tom Ingrassia
Motown Intern

Re: My shameless plea for donations--help me reach my goal!

Postby MissMona » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:07 pm

60th BIRTHDAY!!!!! TOM......WHO.....YOU?????? NO WAY!!!!!
Berry's Assistant

Return to Announcements