Evan Ross to star in TLC biopic

Discuss Movies & DVD's

Evan Ross to star in TLC biopic

Postby marybrewster » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:18 am

http://singersroom.com/content/2013-03- ... LC-Biopic/

As the VH1 biopic about mega trio TLC, Crazy, Sexy, Cool: The TLC Story, gets underway, the cast continues to grow.

Deadline.com announces that Diana Ross' son, 24-year-old actor Evan Ross, has been chosen to play producer Dallas Austin, TLC’s longtime producer and ex-boyfriend of Rozonda “Chili” Thomas, played by Keke Palmer.

Ross is good friends with Austin; the two worked together on the movie ATL, which was Ross’ first film and a film production credit for Dallas.

Other cast members include rapper Lil Mama as Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes, Drew Sidora as Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins, and actor-model Donny Boaz as the group’s longtime manager Bill Diggins.
marybrewster
Berry's Assistant

Re: Evan Ross to star in TLC biopic

Postby marybrewster » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:36 am

Has anyone been watching Tionne's (T-Boz) reality show, "Totally T-Boz"? I've caught a few episodes, and it's not that bad. She's basically dealing with making a decision of starting a solo career, or reuniting TLC. I also didn't realize she has/had so many health problems.

I'm looking forward to this biopic. In their time, TLC was huge (The Supremes of the 90's perhaps?) and I've seen them listed as the biggest selling girl-group of all time, although this may now be eclipsed by Destiny's Child?
marybrewster
Berry's Assistant

Return to Silver Screen