What Have You Rented Lately?

Discuss Movies & DVD's

Re: What Have You Rented Lately?

Postby Scott » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:04 am

MissMona wrote:After watching Deliverance originaly when it was released, the rape scene was disturbing. Now it's just a hillbilly in the boondocks screwing anything that moves. But up to this day, if ever I'm walking in a wooded area, I stll yell out "SOO-WEE !!!!!!! LOL!!!

That's what a couple of my friends told me the other night - it WAS shocking back in 1972, but pretty much only for the rape scene. Everyone was skurred to go in the woods after seeing THAT! LOL To me, that was nothing - it was downright hilarious because the hillbilly chose to rape the guy who looks like Kevin's loudmouth uncle from "Home Alone 1 & 2". Even funnier that the fat guy was COOPERATING squealing like a pig! LOL

They didn't show much in the two rape scenes from "Last House" but what made it worse is they were being humiliated, Phyllis being forced to piss herself at knifepoint, stuff like that. Plus the fact they were scared to death in real life making the movie. It was way more believable.

And Weasel tried to get the girls to "moo", saying they were "a couple cows looking for some grass"! LOL THIS is why you don't go hunting for weed on the streets - get a reliable source and not some loony heroin addicts who just escaped from prison.
Scott
Motown VP

Postby Bubca » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:27 am

I suspended my Netflix and it just started again. My first DVD was The King's Speech. My next will be Social Network
ImageImage
Bubca
Motown VP

Postby Scott » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:31 pm

Bubca wrote:I suspended my Netflix and it just started again. My first DVD was The King's Speech. My next will be Social Network

Haven't seen those either.

I want to see "Scream 4" when that comes out and eventually the remake of "Clash Of The Titans". I LOVED that original movie and have it on DVD. If it's got Medusa, I'm there. THAT was my favorite part of the original. I don't care if it was stop-motion, it was fantastic and still is.

Scott
Motown VP

Postby Scott » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:52 am

I picked up a new copy of "Return To Oz" at Movie Trading Company last weekend while they were having a sale and have been saving it to watch probably tonight. According to the description, it picks up right where the original movie left off. Auntie Em is a cunt, putting Dorothy in shock therapy to forget the Oz dream. Is that southerners solution to EVERYTHING? When THEY'RE the ones who needs their heads shocked, not to mention castrated.

Also got one of those $5 DVD's from Target and watched it last night: "Don't Be A Menace", starring the Wayans brothers. It falls into the category of movies like the "Friday" series, the first 2 "Scary Movie"s and all those other over-the-top 90's comedies with mostly an all-black cast. I love Helen Martin as the grandma - smokes weed, drives a low-rider, break dances in church, claims to have taken beatings from the police, cusses all the time, tough as nails. My kind of grandma! LOL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott
Motown VP

Postby Scott » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:46 pm

CD Warehouse had a used copy of the "Clash Of The Titans" remake and I gave it a try.

Verdict: as good as the original. Anyone interested in mythology should see both.

Medusa steals the show again. The original version was hideous, slow and fairly small. THIS version was pretty (until she screams in your face), fast and the tail is about 5 times longer. Actually when she took off chasing after Perseus, she reminded me of Nagaina taking off with the last cobra egg in "Rikki-Tikki-Tavi". She was flying so fast with the egg in her mouth that she wasn't even touching the ground! LOL I'm talking ridiculously fast!

I've read many versions of the Medusa story and I'd like to someday see the one including her gorgon sisters. It's been many years but I recall Perseus cutting off her head while she was sleeping and the two winged sisters with talons came after him. I'm sure Allan can help elaborate.

Without Medusa, there would have been no "Athena, Chloe, Minerva, Isis". She's what got me into mythology in the first place and I've always loved the associated names.

Hades was portrayed nicely too. But not as good as James Woods' version!

And the little owl looks almost identical to the original.
Scott
Motown VP

Postby Jim » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:55 pm

Let's see, my most recent rentals have been The Tourist,Hereafter, Black Swan, Blue Valentine, The King's Speech, The Social Network and The Big Bang.. I was most pleasantly surprised that The Tourist wasn't the dud the critics made it out to be, The King's Speech was certainly my cup of tea and i can see why it won awards, loved Black Swan-thought it was very well done, The Social Network makes me want to poke Facebook :lol: , Hereafter was interesting and well thought out, Blue Valentine was good in a Sundance/Independent film Channel vein and The Big Bang was watchable but if I ran across it on television, I wouldn't have watched it.
Dreams don't die, people just stop dreaming.
Jim
Berry's Assistant

Postby MissMona » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Critics!!! Whet the hell do they know! The worse offender was that pig from At The Movies. He had always something bad to say about the movies. But Oh...did you know that he wrote the screenplay for Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls????

The Tourist is a good movie!!!
MissMona
Berry's Assistant

Postby Scott » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:03 pm

MissMona wrote:Critics!!! Whet the hell do they know! The worse offender was that pig from At The Movies. He had always something bad to say about the movies. But Oh...did you know that he wrote the screenplay for Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls????

The Tourist is a good movie!!!

I totally agree - the opinion of a critic means nothing to me. ESPECIALLY All Music Guide.

All I got to say is Siskel and Ebert should be thankful they didn't open their gators and gave out Betsy Palmer's home address and contact info in the INTERNET AGE. Betsy Palmer played Pamela Voorhees, a character in a movie. She didn't kill Annie, Marcie, Ned, Brenda and the rest in REAL life! Are they both retarded? These Friday the 13th actors have caring and protective entourages now, which they didn't have in the early 80's. Just STFU and watch baby movies. And the same goes for that midget Gene Shallit. F*ck 'em and their worthless opinions.
Scott
Motown VP

Postby Scott » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:42 pm

I must be losing my mind! Is it 1987? Just checking!

I was walking past one of those movie rental boxes and out of the corner of my eye I spotted "Ernest Goes To Camp". I knew that box cover because I saw it several times when it first came out (probably the only good one of all his silly movies). Plus I'm familiar with Jim Varney because his family is from my home town and they own a little restaurant there.

Just thought it was unusual to see such an older movie with all these new releases! LOL You can get most of his movies including "Camp" as a "triple feature DVD" at lots of stores.
Scott
Motown VP

Postby Scott » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Watched "Gremlins" all the way through for the first time in years yesterday. That was definitely one of my favorite childhood movies, along with "Never Ending Story", "D.A.R.Y.L." and "Moving Violations". I'm surprised I never saw the sequel "Gremlins 2/New Batch" but I've never seen the DVD in stores.

If I could have an ultimate B-day party, it would be like the theater scene from "Gremlins"! LOL
Scott
Motown VP

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Screen